Thousand Trails Palm Springs
A Popular RV Campground in California
This RV camp in California is equally perfect for a weekend getaway or a long-term hiatus. Situated in the beautiful Coachella Valley, this 25-acre California RV campground boasts an unbeatable location near lakes, canyons and national monuments. Whether you're looking for the perfect winter vacation or a golf retreat, Palm Springs RV Campground is a win-win choice.
This desert community truly offers something for everyone. Known as a golfer's paradise, Palm Springs has a variety of well-groomed courses. Opportunities for fishing are just a short distance away at The Salton Sea and Lake Cahuilla. Additionally, nearby attractions like Joshua Tree National Park, Thousand Palms Oasis and the San Jacinto National Monument await. Don't forget the most breathtaking sight of them all! Take in views of the mountains and the Coachella Valley from the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway as it lifts you up 8,000 feet to the peak of Mt. San Jacinto!
- Swimming Pool
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- Pets Welcome
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Billiards/Game Room
- Dog Park
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Palm Springs RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
- Activities Center
- Arts & Crafts
- Creative arts and crafts classes and projects
- Jam Sessions
- Live Entertainment
- Planned Activities
- Activities Director
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Children's Playground
- Kids Activities
- Social Club
- Water Volleyball
- Coffee Social
- Walk and Zumba Exercise Videos
- Water Aerobics
- Air Hockey
Ways to Stay
Download Resort Map | Ranger Station/Front Desk: 760-345-2236
Exciting Changes Coming Soon! (unpublished 11/17/22 due to pub date)
Great news - WiFi coming soon!
General Policies & Information
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without prior notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Check-in: 9 a.m. (last check-in 9 p.m.)
- Check-out: 12 noon
- Cabin Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Cabin Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Front Office: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Pool, Jacuzzi, and Billiards: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Propane Station: 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Quiet Hours: 11 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- A completed reservations for minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. To download the form, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
- Full hookups (electricity, water, sewer).
- 30/50 amp Back-ins.
- 30 amp Pull-throughs Only 1 RV, 2 vehicles, and 2 tents are permitted in any site (if all can fit). Overflow parking is available.
- All RV sites and select rentals are pet friendly. Pets must be leashed and never left unattended. Owners must pick up after their pets. No dangerous, aggressive, or poisonous pets of any kind permitted.
- No ground or wood fires. Gas, charcoal, and presto logs are permitted in personal raised fire pits.
- Members must notify Ranger Station of any guests and guests must have a car pass. Members must accompany and remain present for his/her guest. Members are responsible for the actions and behavior of their guests during their stay.
- All vehicles must have current registration and insurance. All RVs must have a visible check-in form attached. All passenger cars, trucks and motorcycles must have a current car pass. All vehicles must meet Thousand Trails RV Standards and Guidelines. Parking guide will be provided upon arrival.
Reservation & Payment Policies
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- A deposit of $250 will be collected prior to arrival for Monthly and Rental reservations.
- A $500 deposit will be collected for prior to arrival for Annual reservations. Monthly and Annual reservations are a non-refundable rate. Prices and site type are subject to availability. The rates do not include any applicable service, cleaning, or damage fees.
- Lost rental key fee is $125.
- $25.00 charge for no-show daily and weekly reservations.
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV reservations: We allow full refunds for cancellations up 2 days prior to arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental Reservations: We allow full refunds for cancellations up 7 days prior to arrival date for daily and weekly reservations and 60 days prior to arrival for monthly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stay reservations: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
Campground Services & Information
- Our resort is "first come, first served."
- UPS & FEDEX delivers packages directly to your campsite.
- USPS letter mail and packages can be sent to our resort address: 77500 Varner Rd, Palm Desert, CA 92211. Be sure to include your name and campsite address.
- Mail can be picked up at the Recreation Center mailroom. A valid driver's license is required. Guests will be notified when mail is ready to be picked up. Parcel fees are: $5 (under 5 lbs), $10 (over 5 lbs - 20 lbs), and $20 (over 20 lbs). For inquiries about mail, please contact the Recreation Center at (760) 772-7078.
- Faxing and printing services are available. Fees are $2 for the first page and 0.50 cents for each additional page.
- Propane hours are every day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at $5.00 per gallon. Ice is sold at $5 and the dump station has no charge.
Enjoy year-round camping in the great outdoors at Thousand Trails’ network of campgrounds, with spacious campsites, hiking trails, fishing, and family fun.