RV Resort in Illinois has fun the whole family can enjoy!
O'Connell's RV Campground in Amboy continues to draw families to the Sauk Valley by providing great fun and the opportunity to reconnect in a relaxing outdoor environment. An Illinois campground located just 90 miles west of Chicago and 80 miles east of the Quad Cities, O'Connell's RV campground in Illinois is both convenient and inviting.
At O'Connell's, we work hard to be the best campground in Illinois offering fun that the whole family can enjoy. Grab your bathing suit and bring the entire family to one of our 3 pools and 2 waterslides or let the kids play in our arcade. With the most games of any campground in or around Illinois, the fun never stops here at O'Connell's RV Campground!
The campground features an award-winning themed activity program geared to all ages. Imagine a game of soccer, then a sing-a-long on a hayride, and candy bar bingo in the afternoon. At O'Connell's RV Campground, there's never a dull moment! Our onsite activity program is what keeps our campers coming back year after year, and creates a lifetime of memories while staying with us.
Park your car, stash your keys and come enjoy the beauty of nature and the variety of activities at O'Connell's RV Campground.
- Bike Trails
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- Creek / Lake / Canal / River / Ocean Frontage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Mini Golf
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Waterfront sites
- Picnic/BBQ Area
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at O'Connell RV Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
- Activities Center
- Children Activities
- Planned Activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Children's Program
- Lake Fishing
- Saturday Night Dances
- 4 Playgrounds
- Creative arts and crafts classes and projects
- Kids Activities
- Activities Director
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Nightly Outdoor Movie Theatre
- Field Games
- Paddle Boats
- Kayak Rentals
Splash Pad coming in 2024
We are excited to announce that a Splash Pad will be opening at O'Connell's RV Campground during our 2024 season.
General Policies & Information
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Check-out: 12 noon
- Quiet time: 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- Business office: Sun - Thu: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 21 years.
- For the comfort of your neighbors, quiet time is from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. (strictly enforced). This means no radios, loud music, or disturbing noises. All children are to be at their own campsite during this time.
After Hours Check-in
- If your plans change and you need to arrive outside of normal business hours, please refer to your confirmed reservation information.
Reservation & Rates Policy
- Rates are based on two (2) adults and dependent children.
- Guests aged 18 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- Your credit card will be charged upon check and the minimum deposit is $250.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- Displayed rates and package prices are subject to change.
- Site assignments cannot be guaranteed.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply fundsI have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P.against what I owe.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- In the case of multiple sites booked cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (30 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
Pet Policy & Associated Fees
- Pets are allowed at campsites and in all rentals.
- Pets are allowed in the camp resort, with the pet owner responsible for cleaning up after the pet and keeping the pet under control (leashed & refrained from excessive barking).
- Pets are not allowed at the beach, lake, pools, waterslide or campground buildings.
- Pet Walk: available 24 hours.
- Pets welcome. No breed restrictions listed, but no aggressive pets are allowed. Two (2) pets total per site. Please clean up after pets, always keep on leash, and do not leave unattended on site. Additionally, uncontrolled barking or excessive noise complaints registered against any pet may result in guests being asked to leave the campground without refund.
WiFi Availability & Associated Fees
- Free WiFi available at clubhouse and surrounding areas through Jabba Communications (rates dependent on Internet package selected).
Campground Services & Information
- Tow Trailer Rules: Tow trailers are permitted on full hook-up RV sites if it fits within the limits of the site.
- One (1) camping vehicle permitted per camping site.
- Max length on water & electric sites is 26 feet.
- Extra Person Charges: Rates are based on 2 Adults & 5 Children. $10 per night for additional overnight adults.
- Retail Monthly RV Stay: Available for stays of 30 days or more. Electricity is an additional charge.
- Cable TV: No cable available on camping sites.
- Honey Wagon: No honey wagon service.
- Firewood: Due to the eminent threat of the beetle infestation firewood cannot be brought into the park. Bundles of firewood is available at the Camp Store.
- Golf carts are available to rent - prices vary. Golf carts are sold out quickly on a first come first serve basis. Please visit us at the front office for more information on golf cart rentals.
- You may bring a golf cart of your own into the park if it meets park regulations of 4-wheeled, lights (front & rear) and horn ($30 fee will apply). Only licensed drivers may operate the cart.
- Not permitted: 3-wheeled cars.
- Scooters, minibikes, or ATVs are not allowed in the park. Mopeds are allowed with current road license.
- Proof of insurance and a copy of driver's license(s) are required.
- We reserve the right to protect the rights of our guest, trees, and other natural beauties for the benefit and safety of all.
- Children are to be accompanied to washrooms and pools.
- Proper swim attire is required at the water slide and pool area.
- Parents need to accompany children 15 years old and younger at all water facilities.
- There are no lifeguards on duty.
- All children under 18 are to be at their own site during quiet hours.
- SMOKE FREE ILLINOIS. Our campground follows the State of Illinois smoke free policy that prohibits smoking within 15' from any public entrance or in any public building.
- Campfires are part of the camping experience. However, put them out properly when not attended.
- All fires must be of reasonable size to not to endanger anyone or anything.
- Safe, slow driving is required for cars, bicycles & golf carts as children are at play throughout the entire park. Please observe the 9 3/4 MPH speed limit on all park roads.
- Management reserves the right to evict, at our discretion and without refund, any person whose conduct is objectionable or violates parks rules.
- Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of O'Connell's RV Campground in Amboy, Illinois to photograph the visitor while on the premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor.
- Guests assume all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoors environment including specifically (but not exclusively), the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming, or boating at the RV Campground or of being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the RV Campground and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property damages resulting from such causes.
Whether it’s just for a weekend or for the whole season, these top campgrounds have it all – from unique accommodations to family friendly activities to scenic locations.